Blog by Mark Wolfe, Customer Account Representative, GrandView Pharmacy
Did you know that proper adherence of medication instructions and administration is the primary determinant in successfully managing one’s health care?
In fact, failing to administer medications properly leads to substantial worsening of disease, increase risk of death and increased healthcare costs. But it doesn’t stop there. Ten (10%) percent of all hospitalizations are the result of patients’ failure to take prescription medications properly. Twenty-three (23%) of all nursing home admissions are due to patients failing to take prescription medications accurately. At any given time, up to fifty-nine percent (59%) of those on five or more meds take them improperly. Finally, about two-thirds, (66%), of all patients fail to take any or all of their prescription medications. (2006 Case Management Adherence Guidelines).
As we age we may all desire to live at our own homes, but many times our health conditions may not always allow that to be a viable option. As you age, or as your health declines, you may need to consider your care setting and the amount of care you need to perform your activities of daily living. One way to assure some consistency in your life is to continue to use Grandview Pharmacy as your medication provider. Our IMPACT Program, which stands for Integrated Management for Post-Acute Transitions, (IMPACT) nothing needs to change, and we can see that your medications follow you to your new residence, where ever that may be. Whether you leave the hospital and go to a facility for rehab Grandview Pharmacy ca have your medications at your new facility, assuring zero delay in your medication therapy. Or, you may desire to have an extended leave to visit family or whatever. Your medications can be prepared to go with you; once again, to assure the proper continuation of care.
Grandview uses flexible packaging which makes it very convenient to medicate. The packaging is easy to open. It is clearly labeled with the patient’s name, the name of the medication as well as strength and quantity. The time of day to pass the medication and where to record date of administration.
This offers many benefits to the patient…
- Pills and tablets for each med pass time are packaged together.
- The medication can be organized by date and time for a 30-day supply.
- Easy to remember to take correct meds at correct time
- Our packaging eliminates the need for cumbersome daily reminder boxes,
- Makes taking medications on-the-go very user friendly,
- Easy to read labels and easy to open packaging
- Helps elderly patients to self-manage their own health conditions.
- Provides PEACE OF MIND
- Patient chooses Grandview Pharmacy and signs a Provider Selection Letter for discharge medications.
- Facility faxes patient information to Grandview Pharmacy.
- Grandview packages medications for delivery.
- Grandview contacts patient or their responsible party to discuss total cost of service and coordinates payment and delivery.
- Grandview Pharmacy follows up with responsible party at 3 days, 14 days and 28 days on personal one-on-one phone calls to make sure you are satisfied with the service, and if there are any changes to your medication regimen.
About the Author
Click here to learn more about Mark and the rest of the GrandView team.