How do we decrease pharmacy related errors using technology?
- Enhance patient care delivered
- Improve nursing efficiencies
- Provide a high return on investment
From the Prescriber to the Resident — The Life of a Prescription
Things run differently in every pharmacy. This is a sampling of the steps the pharmacy team may take in order to ensure this process is efficient, affordable, safe and appropriate for you.
- Prescription Received
- Update Patient Profile
- Scan and Enter Prescription
- Pharmacist Review
- Submit Information for Payment
- Print Labels and Education
- Select Medication
- Medication is Collected
- Pharmacist Verifies
- Ready for Delivery!
Click here to learn more about our process.
We offer easy access to our pharmacy through the latest technology.
GrandView Pharmacy maintains being responsive to change and progressive in our adaptability-thus giving our clients more options that meet their unique needs.
“The great thing about our pharmacy is our flexibility and adaptability. We are able to adapt and change our systems to the unique needs of our clients more quickly and with greater ease.” Click here to read more testimonials.
- AHT eMAR by American Health Technologies
- ALMSA eMAR
- AOD: Answers On Demand
- MDI Achieve – MatrixCare
- MedTimes by MTS Systems
- oneMAR by Parata
GrandView Pharmacy is committed to providing our clients with easy and convenient eMAR interfacing and pharmacy management solutions.
As a Pharmacy Exchange Partner, we can elect to participate in various program options, such as advanced training or sharing some of the integration costs with providers to lessen the financial burden on you.
Pharmacy Exchange Partners offer a variety of benefits, such as enhanced services, special software discounts, and/or various training options, in addition to the certified interface to PointClickCare’s Integrated Medication Management solution.
Our Electronic Prior Authorization program improves the PA process in three key ways:
- It eliminates paperwork because we transmit the PA request through a secure web based platform
- Produces faster determinations through real-time approvals from insurance providers
- Decreases time associated with filling paperwork, and making phone calls to various insurance plans.
This technology improves safety as there is no handwriting for the pharmacist to interpret, meaning there is less potential for errors. It also reduces the number of calls from the pharmacy for clarification on illegible handwriting or cut off orders.
Prescriber Connect also increases efficiency by reducing the amount of time committed to handling faxes and confirmation. This dramatically decreases the time involved in the ordering, processing and delivery of controlled substances.
Metabolic Validation can help reduce unnecessary medications and the risk for adverse drug reactions (ADR). From a simple cheek swab, a healthcare provider can see which medications your body is able to metabolize, eliminating the costly and dangerous trial and error process.
The ultimate goal of Metabolic Validation is to:
- Avoid adverse drug reactions
- Maximize drug efficacy
- Select responsive patients
- Define individualized drug dose
What makes our approach different is the community’s consultant pharmacist, who is independently certified in pharmacogenomic analysis, interprets the test results and makes recommendations to the prescriber tailored to the resident’s individual genetic profile.
- Dramatically reduces the time needed to prepare for medication passes
- Eliminates the need to perform time-consuming narcotics counts
- Works with existing information systems
- Stores hundreds of different medications
- Enables additional nursing time for patient safety issues
- Provide inventory and dispensing information for down-to-the-dose accountability
*Additional fees apply for Onsite Dispensing.
FirstDose delivers key improvements to common Starter / Stat Dose Systems with a modern cloud based software. FirstDose offers a safer, modern alternative to “tackle box” systems commonly used in senior living settings and can maintain organized medication inventory that can be arranged to community preference.
FirstDose mitigates the following challenges faced by nursing when an emergency dose of medication is needed:
- Reduces time spent searching for the needed medication(s)
- Reduces time spent filling out manual forms for inventory and billing purposes
- Reduces erroneous billing to the “house account”, as each transaction is tied to the correct resident, every time
- Reduces medication errors with barcode scanning technology to ensure the correct medication and dose is retrieved.
- Admit/discharge patients
- Update patient profiles
- Real-time new drug orders and tracking
- Discontinue drug orders
- Print medical records (Prints beautiful eMARS)
- Send/receive free-form electronic messages
- Immediate Cost Outs
- Real-time reporting and customizable financial and clinical queries
- View and print physician orders
- HIPAA compliance and full security of documents
We have delivery and fulfillment systems to ensure quick, compliant, and accurate service.
Auto Cycle Fill
Automatic Cycle Fill:
- Saves 6 nursing hours a day
- Saves an average of $150 a day
- Saves nearly $55,000 a year
- The number one problem in treating illness today is patients’ failure to take prescription medications correctly, regardless of patient age
- 10% of all hospital admissions are the result of patients’ failure to take prescriptions medications correctly
- 23% of all nursing home admissions are due to patients failing to take prescription medications accurately
- At any given time, up to 59% of those on five or more medications are taking them improperly
- Approximately two-thirds of all patients fail to take any or all of their prescription medicines
- Easy to remember to take the correct medication at the right time
- All pills (even vitamins) for one administration time can be packed in one package
- Medications can be organized by date and time for a 30 day supply
- Eliminates the need for cumbersome daily reminder boxes
- Makes taking medication on-the-go easy
- Easy-to-read labels, easy-to-open package
- Helps elderly patients manage their own health conditions
Learn more in this blog: “SureMed packaging has a significant impact on adherence and clinical outcomes.”
Easy to read labels, bar code scanning and optimal convenience make our packaging options fit every need for licensed and unlicensed facilities.
- Punch Card/Bubble Pack Options
- Unit Dose
- Multi Dose
- Pill Boxes
- Scheduled deliveries six days a week
- Friendly, in-house delivery staff
- Safety precautions for discrete and secure delivery
- Onsite Drug Kits
- STAT deliveries available
We have systems that keep you compliant.
- Operational Efficiency
- Clinical Compliance
- Trending Analysis
- Quarterly Financial & Operational Reports
- Technician Certification
- Paperless Pharmacy
- Billing Department
- Internal Pharmacy Operations
- Triage Department
- Data and Medical Record Department
- Packaging & Filling Department
- Delivery and Service Department
Medication Management and Reminder Systems
- Helps seniors manage all their prescription and OTC medications and supplements
- Helps increase patient experiences and satisfaction scores
- Aids in reducing hospital readmissions and other avoidable medical expenses
- 24×7 monitoring and personalized call support
- 3G technology: no WiFi or cellular plan required
More Senior Community Services
The GrandView Blog
Blog by CDC.gov Authorized and Recommended Vaccines As COVID-19 vaccines are authorized and then recommended for use in the United States, it will be important to understand what is known about each vaccine.CDC will provide information on who is and is not recommended...
Blog by www.bannerhealth.com It’s been a year since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and there seems to be a slight glimmer of hope in 2021 with COVID-19 vaccines rolling out to Americans—and others worldwide. But as happens with any vaccine, there are myths,...
Click Here to Read More
Read more about the latest news, events and articles on our blog.
Ready for a change?
Contact us now to see how SIMPLE it is to switch. Have questions? We're happy to answer any you have!
Deficiency free survey from the Indiana State Board of Pharmacy
In the spring of 2017, the GrandView Pharmacy locations in Brownsburg, IN and Fort Wayne, IN were awarded a deficiency free survey from the Indiana State Board of Pharmacy. We’re extremely proud of our team members who worked hard to accomplish this goal. Read more about it here.